Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Early Morning Feeding causes Postpartum Depression
I want so badly to quit at least five times a day. Why is breastfeeding so hard? Why can't my son just latch on and actually suck out the milk? Isn't that how this is supposed to work? I feel like I should never have woken him up to feed tonight, I should have just let him sleep, pumped, and then used the syringe feeding if he woke up. I feel like there's not even any point to putting him at the breast right now because he's not even getting anything out. This is the worst time of morning for me and consequently when it's the most frustrating. I spent half an hour trying to wake him up and 45 minutes trying to get him to latch on, much of that crying right along with him. Then he breastfeeds for all of 10 minutes and falls back asleep. Breastfeeding consumes my days and nights and I have little time to think of anything else. I miss my other son, Evan, I never get to play with him anymore. This is torture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment